It’s gonna be a long hot summer y’all! Let’s chill out with a quick dessert recipe that will cool you, and your guests in a healthy, refreshing way!
1 chobani 0% plain greek yogurt
sweetener of your choice (optional)
Prep time: 5-10 mins.
Makes about 2 cups.
Different ways to enjoy it:
1. Chill the mangoes before making and eat as is!
2. Freeze for 2 hours and eat as mango fro-yo.
3. Blend with ice and/or juice/milk for a refreshing smoothie.
4. Pour in an ice tray, add some popsicle sticks and freeze completely for mini icepops. (2-4 hrs depending on size)
5. Pour it over ice-cream or fruit bowls.
Ah, summer… A time for pool parties, vacations and grilling!!
Not only is grilling fun to enjoy with friends and family, it’s also one of the healthiest ways of preparing food! Fat drains off, and you rarely add any oils to grilled foods. Just clean fresh vegetables and proteins. And the best part is, you can make appetizers, snacks and entrees on the grill.
My husband and I love grilling even if it’s only for the two of us, so here are some ideas for your summer cookouts!
– 4 Jalapeños – 2 cans of tuna
– 2 oz cheddar cheese – onion
– salt & pepper
Makes 8 pieces.
Prep time 5 mins. Grilling time: 10 mins.
– pizza dough & sauce (
see HITK 03)
– any veggies you want
Prep time: 10-15mins. Grilling time: 5-7mins.
GRILLED SWAI & VEGGIES:
– white fish fillets (swai, tilapia, cod, whiting, etc…)
– any veggies
– onion & garlic
– salt & pepper
Prep time: 5 mins. Grilling time: 10 mins.
And there are no better treats than the frozen kind for this season. Unfortunately, ice cream is a total saboteur of your hard earned summer body. So here’s a healthier alternative!
Frozen banana bites covered in chocolate and nuts! They have less fat and more nutrients than ice cream bites, not to mention they are much, much cheaper.
– 4 bananas
– 2 large hershey’s dark chocolate tablets
– 1/2 cup chopped peanuts & pecans (or nuts of your choice)
Makes about 30 pieces. (23 oz)
Prep time 15-20 mins. Freeze time: 4 hrs minimum.
CALORIES: 44 cals/piece
Comparison to store bought ice cream bites (4oz container):
Banana bites (4 oz): Ice cream bites:
cals: 228 cals: 340
fat: 12 g fat: 24 g
protein: 5 g protein: 2 g