It’s gonna be a long hot summer y’all! Let’s chill out with a quick dessert recipe that will cool you, and your guests in a healthy, refreshing way!
1 chobani 0% plain greek yogurt
sweetener of your choice (optional)
Prep time: 5-10 mins.
Makes about 2 cups.
Different ways to enjoy it:
1. Chill the mangoes before making and eat as is!
2. Freeze for 2 hours and eat as mango fro-yo.
3. Blend with ice and/or juice/milk for a refreshing smoothie.
4. Pour in an ice tray, add some popsicle sticks and freeze completely for mini icepops. (2-4 hrs depending on size)
5. Pour it over ice-cream or fruit bowls.
And there are no better treats than the frozen kind for this season. Unfortunately, ice cream is a total saboteur of your hard earned summer body. So here’s a healthier alternative!
Frozen banana bites covered in chocolate and nuts! They have less fat and more nutrients than ice cream bites, not to mention they are much, much cheaper.
– 4 bananas
– 2 large hershey’s dark chocolate tablets
– 1/2 cup chopped peanuts & pecans (or nuts of your choice)
Makes about 30 pieces. (23 oz)
Prep time 15-20 mins. Freeze time: 4 hrs minimum.
CALORIES: 44 cals/piece
Comparison to store bought ice cream bites (4oz container):
Banana bites (4 oz): Ice cream bites:
cals: 228 cals: 340
fat: 12 g fat: 24 g
protein: 5 g protein: 2 g
A sweet, non-fat recipe for a delicious dessert.
– 2 cups strawberries
– 1 cup raspberries
– 4 egg whites
– 1 can fat free condensed milk
– whisk or hand mixer
Serves: 6 – 8
Prep time: apron. 10 mins
Keep in freezer for:
As cream dessert: 30 mins
Ice cream: at least 1 hour (2hrs if one large container)
CALORIES: 126 cals/serving
VEGGIE SUBSTITUTES: If you wan to make this vegan, just substitute the condensed milk for coconut cream and skip the eggwhites. It’ll be more of a sorbet, but still vey yummy! The substitute for egg whites is full of starches and baking soda and other things that have no place in a healthy dessert. If you do substitute for coconut cream, it won’t be fat free anymore. It comes up to about 2.6 grs of fat/ serving -not too much at all- but it is the most saturated kind of fat, so don’t have it too often!